Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who Would Have Thought

If you had told me 3 years ago that I would ever even consider getting a tattoo, I would have thought you had a few loose marbles.  Well, as times change, so did my thoughts on considering body art. Don't get my wrong, I'm no huge fan of tattoos as a whole, but the thought of something permanently attached to me for one very special purpose started to intensify.  At first, when I would ask my husband Jim (who by the way does NOT like tattoos at all) what he would think if I got his name inked on my ankle, he would always say, "Are you really sure?"  Knowing how he felt, I did not go through with it, as that would really defeat the purpose if he didn't like it being there.  Then about a year ago, I realized what was wrong with this scenario.  Since Jim and I had met online and ever time (now or then) when I would type I Love You to him, he has always responded with "MeU2".  When I suggested using that instead of his name, I saw a glimmer in his eye.  So, this past May, I decided to have my ankled tattooed. Jim did not know I was going to have it done, but I took Mikaila with me.  How rebellious she thought I was!  Later that evening, after a nice dinner out and a movie..I showed my new ink to him. Even though he and I had never liked tattoos, there just seemed to be something so right with it. It's interesting how things seem to change sometimes ~

No comments:

Post a Comment