Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fresh Start

After working on and off at the same place my husband works for a few years, including at most times working 80-100 hours a week or more saving their hides, I was brought into the owner's office for a meeting. I was told how valuable I was and how everyone knew what Jim and I had done for them and how appreciated I was.  Wow, finally...a little recognition?  Not exactly. Apparently not only was I not working enough hours, my promotion was offered to a CLOSE family member.  My 9 1/2 years of putting our lives on the back-burner was noticed but now that the company was reaping the benefits from our work, I would be stuck exactly where I was while "others" got their new titles.  That was it for me, but not before he got a dose of the reality that I was no longer going to save them while I stay in the shadows.  Needless to say, that was my last day being the company "Catch-All".  Jim and I do severely miss working together.  It's not easy watching him leave every morning going to a job his loves doing, but a company he hates to work for.  

So, short story made way too long...I'm a stay at home mom again.  I would love hearing your stories and views, or just an occasionally rant or two!  This is the first blog I've ever done, so I would appreciate any advice or links or whatever.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm sorry about the circumstances, but it's nice to "see" you here. Look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! Well, it was inevitable. Things had been building for awhile. Jim kept telling me it wasn't worth it, but kept feeling too guilty to quit. Anywho, I have found cooking as a release (thanks to Christy and her Southern Plate site). Thanks for your comment and hope to chat with you often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE! This company, which Jim still works for, has just decided to change payday from Friday to Tuesday starting this week!! No warning(illegal??)and no reason why. Some people has no ethics...I mean, he's only worked there for almost 10 yrs.

    ReplyDelete